Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Playing catch up!

This post was suppose to go before the last one... but, I could never get it finished. So, here it is now:

Okay, so it's been awhile. Seems as though I say that every time I post! Hm.... what does that tell you?! There's so many great pictures and things to talk about... but, I'm going to try and keep it short. Remember, if you want to check out all of our photos go to our dotphoto site!

We went to the Arboretum back on the last day in March with our friends Michelle, Jadon and Torin . It was a Tuesday and they had a petting zoo and a lady doing a music class.

Sorry, but this video will be sideways. I'm not sure how or if it can be rotated.



Then there was Easter which we spent at the Lake house. I packed Lincoln and I up and we drove by ourselves. Brad was real busy with work and met us up the next day. This is the Easter basket that I had as a kid. My mom filled it with goodies for Lincoln. There's an Easter bunny in there that she sewed herself... which we gave her a hard time about... um, because it didn't look like an Easter bunny!


This is the Easter basket that Brad and I gave to him. I filled it with seashells, paper mache eggs, a soft Peter Rabbit book, a small stuffed blue bunny and a book about ducks. The duck book was his favorite because you can push a button and it quacks! Next year, I'd like to make him a soft basket... one that he will use to gather eggs in. I have seen some really cute basket ideas!

My mom was really excited and went a little crazy. She made an Easter bunny house, Easter cookies and a Easter cake. Gotta love her!!!!


The next weekend we went back to Houston for Johnny and Shelia's wedding. Again, Brad wasn't with us on the drive down (that crazy work). I was suppose to pick up his dry cleaning before we left... which I did... um, but I forgot I was suppose to take his suit from that and take with us!!! Opps, Brad had nothing to wear! Luckily, he was able to borrow a new suit from his friend Mark. My mom had to put a temporary hem in the pants. And, he had to buy a shirt... but, now he was decent! We weren't sure if we to were going to make it to the wedding from my parents old house (they kept Lincoln). It rained like crazy and flooded. We managed to find a way out of the neighborhood and made it to the wedding. We had a good time... and I didn't worry too much about Lincoln!! This was the first time we've left him. And, he did pretty well until it was bed time and then he pretty much had a melt down. I felt so bad for him!!!


While in Houston we spent time at Pops and Nona's. We had breakfast there and Uncle Taylor, Debbie and Richard (Taylor's mom and step dad) joined us.

Lincoln got his feet wet in the lake that's behind their house.

We also stayed one night with Gramma and PopPop. They also braved the weather and went to the wedding!

On the way back to Dallas we stopped to visit Big Daddy (Brad's grandfather) and Granny (Brad's grandmother).


I feel like I left out so much... but, I said I was going to TRY and make it short. I said try, right??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish Big Daddy and Granny was here to see all the grandbabies. You know Rhonda and I were the first and They were the best grandparents anyone could have. We did so much with them. I know they are smiling down on all of us now and enjoying the show from afar of there beautiful great grand child (Licoln)and great great grand child (KaiLynn).

Rachel said...

Hey you left out the picture of Lincoln playing with Auntie Rachel and Luke and Sophie---OH WAIT---DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!! :(