Thursday, May 28, 2009

Today

Not sure where to start... so, we'll start with today and work our way backwards. Why not!

Today was my (former) school's luau. They have this all day picnic every year on the second to last day of school. On this day last year... I was admitted to the hospital because there was a big chance I would go into labor... I was only 30 weeks pregnant. See, I woke up that morning and got ready for school. I wasn't really looking for to the picnic that year. Um, did I mention I was 30 weeks pregnant! It was hot outside. My back had started to hurt. I was going to be miserable and useless!! But, before I headed out the door I realized that I was spotting. I knew that some spotting towards the end of your pregnancy could be normal. But, when you have had 3 miscarriages it's hard not to think the worst when you find blood! I called Brad... he told me to call my midwife and that he'd get on the next flight home (he was working out of town, of course). I called my midwife. She told me that the spotting could be normal, don't worry, but go ahead and come in because of my history. So, I left for the hospital. I called my parents (they where still living in Houston at the time) who where at my grandparents place in the country 2 hrs away. I told them that I might need them to come to Dallas. And, they did. I called work and let them know what was going on too. To make a long story short... I had a incompetent cervix, I had released some hormone or enzyme or something... can't remember, but, with it's release there's a big BIG chance that you go into labor within 2 weeks. The thought of having a premature baby, after everything Brad and I had been though, scared the crap out of me. But, Lincoln hung in there... he decided to wait till the day before his due date to join us!!! So, a year ago today that's where we were at... and look at us now!!

I went to school today for the luau. It was great to see some of the kids and parents!! This one little girl brought a lei and placed it around my neck. She disappeared to only reappear with another lei... which she then placed around Lincoln's neck. It was the sweetest thing!!!!!

So, Lincoln is now 10 months old. He's walking all the time and getting better and better at it!! He can stand up from a sitting position without using anything to pull up on!!! It's crazy! He's eating cherrios now. At first, he wouldn't pick them up and put them in his mouth. Well, he'd pick them up but just play with it. So, we were trying to get him to do it himself. He'd get a little frustrated. But, the funny thing was that instead of taking them off the table or out of our hand he'd lean over and just eat it right off of whatever they were sitting on... without using his hands... like a dog!! Talk about lazy!!! But, now... he's a pro at sticking those o's in his mouth!! He has also started to play with his little car... the way you're suppose to play with cars... you know, he's no longer eating it! It's pretty cute. I had been wondering when he would do that!

He also got his first (early) birthday present!!! His Gramma and Pop Pop sent him a radio flyer walker wagon. Lincoln helped daddy put it together.



And, he loves it!!!!!!!!! THANKS GRAMMA AND POP POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We also went back to Houston for Memorial Day. Lincoln got to meet his Great Grandmother and Great Uncle.

He had his first crawfish boil... don't worry he didn't suck the heads!

And, he went for a swim!

While we were in Houston Johnny and Shelia joined us for dinner one night. And, our friend Elin stopped by for some crawfish. We also had brunch with the Pereira's. And, we got to see David and Lorraine's new house!!!

It was a really great weekend!!!! AND, the drive there and back went really, really smoothly!!!!

2 comments:

michelle comeaux said...

what a difference a year makes in your life...i have been thinking of my life a year ago often over the past few months. glad to hear someone else doing it too. i hope lincoln is loving his new wagon!!!

Curdie said...

I was so about to write, "what a difference a year makes" but Michelle beat me to it. :)

I was also thinking about this day last year because it's my daughter's birthday and she wanted to go to IHOP again (we haven't been there since her birthday last year).

I ended up ordering the same thing (that I spilled on myself last year) and then proceeded to observe that it is much easier to eat when not hugely pregnant.

I'm really glad that Lincoln decided to stay put last year. :)