Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Baby Post??

Brace yourself... this is... NOT another post about Lincoln!! Get a grip! I know it's hard to believe... but it's true....

So, we had some drama yesterday. Lincoln and I are spending some time at my parent's lake house while Brad is out of town. Yesterday, I was sitting in the living room nursing Lincoln. That room faces the lake. My dad was sitting outside on the back porch... which faces the lake also. To the left of the house is a creek... with no water in it because the lake is really low right now. Apparently, some guy comes running up the creek... right by the house and past my dad. My dad comes in and goes around the house locking all the doors. He said the guy never saw him.

Then, the door bell rings. The dogs go crazy. I can't answer the door because I have Lincoln. My mom was just getting out of the shower. And, my dad had gone back outside. So, the guy that rang the door bell goes around to the back of the house where my dad is and asks if we've seen a man. My dad says yes and tells him which way he went. He says to get in the house and lock all the doors. By the way, the guy that was telling us to get in the house and lock up never said who he was... he wasn't dressed like a cop... but, had a gun.

A couple of minuets later several cars and a trailer pull up to the house down the road (there's only three houses, including my parents, that are actually built right now on their street). There's a handful of men. They have horses and a pack of dogs!!!! They go off into the woods looking for this guy.

We later find out that they did find this guy... about 5 miles away. We still don't know what this guy did or where he came from. I'd like to know. I'd also like to know who the guys were that were hunting the bad guy. Why didn't they introduce themselves as police? Why weren't they dressed like police? Who were they really??

One thing I do know... you should ALWAYS keep your doors locked... no matter where you are!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

freaky!!! You have to tell us what was going on if you ever find out!!

Rachel said...

Oh lordy that is scary!!! I am so glad everyone was okay and all that! I need to go lock my doors now. Oh, and when you said another baby post, I thought it was going to be a post about ANOTHER baby. hahaha.

Curdie said...

That is scary. I'm glad you are all right.

Heather Franklin said...

That's crazy! Sounds like something you'd see on a movie set in the 30's or something.

Did you find out what they did with the guy when they caught him?