Friday, February 20, 2009

Solid Foods

My husband has been complaining that I don't blog often enough for him. So, this is for him. Plus, I had said that I'd blog once we started solid foods. :)

We bought this cool little contraption to fix Lincoln's baby food. It's kinda expensive... okay, real expensive. But, we had a gift card so that helped! I'm glad we have it. It's called the Beaba Babycook. It steams the food, purees/chops it and reheats the food... all in one small machine. I like that you can reheat the food without using a microwave (which depletes the food's nutritional value). It's super easy to use and travels well.We started Lincoln off with sweet potatoes. Which, at first he didn't really care for that much. He kept making faces with each bite. We never could get any of the faces on film. But, we did take video of it. Of course, I don't have that on my computer. I'll have to ask Brad about it. After sweet potatoes we had butternut squash and then pears. He seemed to like the squash and loves the pears. We tried the sweet potatoes again and he seems to like it better now. I guess, in the beginning it was just weird have some strange taste and texture in his mouth. We're going to try some peas next. Mmmmm....He really, really likes to drink water out of a cup. Check this video out... it's pretty funny!

Okay, that's all for today. Maybe if you're real lucky I'll post again tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

OH my gosh! That was soooooooo cute! I loved seeing an actual video of him. Was that a real glass? That was just too precious!

The Brown's said...

My co-workers and I bought that for our boss who had a baby in October. I don't think she's had a chance to use it yet...I hope she ends up liking it too!

Lindsay said...

how sweet!! i love the video!! He is so cute, and I love watching your face light up when you see him!! It's so sweet! So, a glass with no lid??? you are BRAVE girl!

Curdie said...

I was cracking up at that video. I should give Peter a cup and see what happens :)

Debbie, Taylor's Mom said...

great seeing you guys this weekend, loved the videos..especially the one of him crawling and almost standing at times. The cup one was fun too, what a grip.