Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy, Happy 6 Months Lincoln!!!

Six months... SIX MONTHS!!! Lincoln turned 6 months old yesterday. My, where has the time gone?!

We had his 6 month check-up today. Everything is good. The dry skin that he has had for what seems like forever IS eczema!! So, I plan on starting the long road of trying to figure out what may be causing it. It could be something that I'm eating. We've already changed the soap we use to bathe him in and the laundry detergent. Hmmm......

So, Lincoln has been busy growing, learning, changing, and playing. We got his very first table and chair not that long ago... just in time for him to start solids!
We are going to start solids soon. We would right now... but, I want to wait for Brad to get back home. I want him to be here for this first!! Plus, I need someone to video tape it and take pictures!!! You never know what kind of great and priceless faces we might see! I plan on making all his baby food. Should be fun! There will be a post when all that happens.

Lincoln's sitting up much better now. He's been doing push-ups. And, finally has gotten up on his hands and knees. He's even "crawled" a little. I'm not sure you'd really call it crawling. He moves his legs but not his arms. So, he ends up falling forward. But hey, it's movement!! I wanted to have a video here. But, every time we get out the video camera he stops whatever he's doing and stares! I did get one little moment... but, Brad hasn't downloaded it yet. So, maybe I'll post it later. For now, here's two pictures I managed to get! And, the last one is of him after he has fallen forward... I don't think he minds it!


Whenever the weather has been nice we've gotten out to explore nature. Lincoln LOVES being outside!! Here's a few pictures from our various adventures...

This one is at the lake house.
These next few are from our stroll through the turtle creek area. Checking out ducks... Lincoln didn't mind them until they started quacking. He didn't like it too much! We kept a safe distance.

These are from our visit to White Rock Lake. He liked exploring the grass! The last one I took after daddy let him fall face first into the grass. You have to click on it to truly see how sad he is... it was cute, but sad.
So, let's see... what else? Oh, the other thing that we've tried to get on video, but can't, is the new sounds Lincoln has been making. He is now saying "ba" and "ma." And, he does it a lot! He now has two teeth on the bottom and one on the top that you can see right under the surface!

We've... I should say I, I have been sitting Lincoln on his little potty after naps and whenever I change his diaper. He pees in it almost every time!! You may be asking why in the world I'm doing that with a 6 month old baby. Well, it's called EC or elimination communication. There are many sites that you can go to read and learn more. Try here or here. Or, just google it! I'm what they call an occasional EC'er. Basically, we're pretty laid back... we don't stress about it... whatever happens happens. We still use diapers. Our goal is not to potty train him early. If babies are born with an awareness of when they are eliminating (which is what EC claims) then we want to help maintain that for Lincoln. We don't want him to lose that awareness and become used to eliminating exclusively in diapers. So, that's that!


Six months... SIX MONTHS.....

5 comments:

Curdie said...

Congrats on six months and happy half-birthday to Lincoln!!

Bummer about the eczema. It shows up on Isabelle and Peter especially in the winter when we are using the heater frequently. Aquaphor is a good friend.

I know exactly what you mean about the video camera! They always stop whatever they are doing. Sigh

Lindsay said...

I can't believe he is six months!! He is so cute! One day I hope to see him in person!

The Pereira's said...

He is getting so big and smiley! That is so great! I'm excited to see the pictures of him with solid foods. Those will be priceless!

Heather Franklin said...

Hi Shannon! I found a link to your blog on your facebook page. Your little boy is a cutie pie! I think it's really cool that you are doing EC. I read about it, but didn't try it. Maybe next time!
I have LOTS and LOTS of advice and suggestions about dealing with eczema. David's (our son) eczema was very severe. His cheeks were basically two open, bleeding, oozing wounds from age 4 months to 12 months. I tried over 20 creams. I stopped eating everything but turkey, sweet potatoes, raisins and sunflower seeds (he was exclusively breastfed), and we changed many, MANY things in his environment. He is an extreme case, so you probably don't need to do near as much, but I'd love to help you figure out some things you can try. Email me at heatherfranklin@gmail.com and we can chat about it more.
Great to hear from you. Happy 1/2 year birthday Lincoln!

Sarah said...

Hi Shannon!

Lincoln is doing so well! Wow! That's interesting about the potty thing. Will have to read more about that. Lillian just had her 6mo. check up as well. I need to post the facts.:) She has her two bottom teeth and her two fronts are coming in as we speak. It's been a lot more painful for her with the top teeth. Can't wait to here how you do with the solids. Lillian has been doing great. We start with fruit today. Yay!