Well, it's official... I'm a stay at home mom. I know, it's been two months. But, Brad is just now travelling again for work. So, it was just Lincoln and I this past week. And, despite what Brad may have thought... we did great!! It was great having Brad home for so long. It gave us plenty of time to bond as a new family. I'm so grateful for that. But, I definitely have relied on him for a lot... making meals, doing laundry... any normal day to day things. Now there's no one here to do any of that except me. I have to say, I did alright. It helps that Lincoln has gotten past his colic and his fussy periods have grown less intense, happen less often and last for shorter periods of time. Now that he focuses more on his surroundings he is more content lying on his own... either on a blanket or in his little rocker watching his toys. That doesn't last too long... but, it's better than it has been.
I also have a new sling that he does great in. I'm able to wear him and get things done around the house. And, going out on my own is much easier with this new sling. Thank goodness... I was getting worried that I'd never be able to leave the house with him!!!
Lincoln and I don't do too much around the house. We have lots of tummy time, read books, talk, eat, sleep... you know... fun stuff!!!! Here's some pics of our tummy time together.


And, here's one with him sleeping... gotta always love those!!

We had fun... love that little guy to pieces!!
We were also glad to see daddy when he came home!!!
2 comments:
Adorable pictures! I love it when their tiny little necks get strong enough to hold up their head.
I'm glad the sling is working for you. It is so much easier to grocery shop when you have one of those (and strangers usually keep their hands off so that's a bonus).
People told me that life with an infant just keeps getting easier but I didn't believe them. Now that I know for certain that each month brings more down time it has made these first few fussy, needy months much easier to endure.
Sorry about the overuse of the word "easy". I'm too lazy to go get a thesaurus.
I will say it again and again---he is such a pretty baby! I am DYING to hold him. It is so great to hear that things are getting better as far as the colic goes. Sophie had that and the first couple of months with her were HARD. I tried everything and she screamed---I thought all babies did this until Luke came along! I love the picture where he is holding up his head. Good job Mommy!
Post a Comment