Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Let's start at the begining....

Some of you may not know, but becoming a family of three has been a very long journey for us. It all started in the summer of 2006 when Brad and I decided that we wanted to start a family. To our surprise, we got pregnant right away. Unfortunately, we found out at 8 weeks that we had lost the baby. We would go on to lose two more pregnancies. We saw a specialist, ran a lot of tests, found what we hoped was the cause and came up with a treatment plan.

We got pregnant again in November 2007. We began infusions right away to try and keep the pregnancy. And, it worked. Once we got past the first trimester Brad and I were able to relax a little. And, I finally was able to enjoy being pregnant. It was a pretty easy pregnancy... no crazy cravings, no crazy mood swings and no morning sickness. Everything was going really well until I reached 31 weeks. I was put on bed rest... in the hospital, for possible preterm labor. Apparently I had a incompetent cervix. I was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks. Spent my 30th birthday there!!! Then I went home and had 2 more weeks of bed rest.

And, after all that... Lincoln James was born one day before his original due date!!!

No comments: