These include a few pics from Christmas, the last of our packing and the road trip to Reno.
I realized yesterday, after I posted the 16 month old photos, that not everyone that might read my blog may know about our move. So, for those that don't know... we now live in Reno, Nevada! Very crazy!! I never thought I'd leave Texas! But, a job opportunity presented itself to Brad. And, even though it takes us further away from all of our family and friends, we just couldn't pass this chance up.
So, with little time to pack and Christmas in the middle of it all... I don't know how we did it! Well, that's not true. I do know. My parents, brother and sister-in-law!!! Without them... I'd still be in Dallas packing up boxes!! Lincoln was such a happy-go-lucky guy through all of it!! Even when the house was being torn apart (packed) and we had strange people in and out of the house doing repairs!!


It was pretty cute the way Lincoln would go and grunt as he picked something up and move it! After all, he had been watching us move things for so long!!
He really loved helping. He'd watch us do it and then try it for himself. I have another picture of him really watching Grammy so he could get the technique down!So, it took us 6 days to get to Reno. The first leg of the trip got us to El Paso. We decided to do most of the driving at night. I had heard other people make road trips at night so their kids can sleep. Well, no such luck for us! It was, well... sleepless. I really thought Lincoln would sleep really well at night in the car. He takes great naps in the car!! But, that's not what happened. So, that was the LAST time we tried that!
We're not sure about the time that this picture was taken. It says 3:30 pm but, Brad doesn't think that's quite right. All I know is that it was very late or very early... because I thought to myself, "we must look like the worst parents ever!" Um, Lincoln was up and did not want to get back into the car seat. He wanted a chip and a sip of coke instead!! (note to self... no more junk food within Lincoln's line of sight!)Brad drove the entire night. He stopped a couple of times to get some sleep... along side the truckers! I drove a little the next day so Brad could rest. It took us 15 hrs to get to El Paso!!! But, along the way there was some time for play!


And, once we checked into the hotel... the boys passed out!
And, then Lincoln turned 18 months!!!So, you'll have to wait for the rest of the story and more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

No comments:
Post a Comment