Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sewing... who knew!

I decided that I wanted to chart Lincoln's growth over the years. I didn't want to mark it on the wall... well, because when you move you can't take the wall with you! I searched online for a chart to buy. They were either cheap and ugly or expensive and not as ugly, but not cute enough to spend THAT kind of money.

So, I thought I could make a growth chart. But, I don't sew. I asked my mom pretty please! I didn't really think the whole thing through... had an idea, just went with it and made changes as we went along... which, I don't think my mom appreciated!!

But, we got it done. Well, my mom got the sewing part done. I have to say... it looks fabulous!! I don't have pictures of it yet because it's not all decorated. I still need to mark off the inches, stencil Lincoln's name and sew on a few buttons here and there for color. The fabric that makes up the chart is alternating squares of tan and brown... except, they aren't perfect squares. The edges that meet are cut at an angle and have a tad of fringe. If that makes sense?! Each year we will make a hand print. I'm planning on using shades of green, orange and blue for the hands and buttons. Lincoln's first year hand print is green!! So cute!!!

Anyways, the reason for this post is to a) say thanks to my mom... who is awesome!! And, b) to show this video of Lincoln watching my mom sew. Apparently, sewing is hilarious!!!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

so cute!!! I love it when babies laugh! I especially love that he was making your mom and Brad laugh, too! That's the best!

Rachel said...

OH my heart! Sweetness! Love it!