So, there are several things that I have been wanting to blog about. I'll try to get it all done tonight!
First up....
From pretty early on we let Lincoln play with a spoon. We then started putting food on his spoon and he would then put the spoon with the food on it in his mouth. Now, he's practicing getting the food on his spoon and into his mouth all by himself. Still needs a little some work!
Lincoln was an early walker... but, seems to be a late talker. No meaningful words yet. But, he has been practicing new sounds this past week. It's a little long....
Last week we had a hail storm. At least, I think it was last week. I lose track of time very easily these days! It was very VERY loud... that's what you get when you live in a metal house, sky light and hail. It was so loud that it freaked one of our cats out. She came barreling down the stairs, ran across the room into the wall, back across the room and down stairs to the first floor. Lincoln and I went to check on her and found her hiding between the tub and toilet!!
And, lastly... meet the two newest members of our family...
For those that may not know we have two cats, a turtle, a gecko and now two russian dwarf hamsters. The gecko is in a long tank on the top of a stand. On the bottom of the stand was a small tank which use to house the gecko... so, that tank was empty. The turtle is on top of a file cabinet in the study. So, both animals were too high for Lincoln to look into by himself. He enjoys watching the turtle and gecko. He points at the tanks and says "uh." We pick him up and let him watch. But, he'd go to the tank that sat on the bottom of the stand, squat down and peer into it looking for something... with those big blue eyes... and there was NOTHING in there!! It made me sad. So, I told Brad we should get a hamster. He said no. Then, later on Lincoln peered into the empty cage again and I told Brad... then, Brad said yes! And, off to the pet store we went. I already had the set up from when I was working at school so we just needed the hamsters.
They don't really have names yet. Brad wants to call the white one Large Marge b/c she's really big. But, I'm thinking that's not really appropriate!! So, we're working on names. But, regardless... we have a happy boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment